|Job Title: Marketing Officer
Hours: Full-time; 40 hours per week.
Who We Are:
Dulwich Picture Gallery, founded in 1811, is the world’s first purpose-built public art gallery. We care for and display our outstanding collection of Old Master paintings within Sir John Soane’s pioneering architecture. As an independent gallery, we remain true to our founders’ purpose of presenting art ‘for the inspection of the publick’ while engaging as many people as possible, of all ages and backgrounds, through our creative programme.
We are engaged in a continuous process of planning, delivery, evaluation and development in order to unlock the Gallery’s unique potential: our location, art and people.
Our mission is underpinned by our vision to secure the Gallery’s future as a welcoming, vibrant hub where you - everybody - can Find Yourself in Art.
Our Vision in Action:
In the intimate setting of the world’s first purpose-built public art gallery
Find Yourself surprised by ‘oh-wow’ visual encounters
Find Yourself at home in a space where you feel welcome
Find Yourself transported by history and imagination
Find Yourself nourished by creativity and contemplation
Find Yourself connected with paintings and people
Find Yourself in Art
We are a hard-working, high-achieving team that values inter-departmental working and openness. We live out our values in our daily work and decision-making so that they are central to our identity.
We care for our collection, our audiences, our communities and each other.
We are ambitious and agile, valuing creativity and considered experimentation.
We are open and communicative, creating and sharing opportunities through partnerships and projects.
Purpose of job
Dulwich Picture Gallery is looking for a highly motivated and ideas-driven individual to form a key member of the Communications team as Marketing Officer. The role will support the Marketing Manager in promoting the Gallery across its diverse programme, from exhibitions to learning, venue hire to retail. With a focus on campaign implementation, digital marketing and design, this role helps the Gallery in its aims to drive reach, revenue and reputation.
Marketing and Brand
• Contribute to team planning of marketing campaigns for the Gallery’s exhibition and event programme, and help to implement campaigns across print and digital advertising, social media and distribution.
• Design and supply a range of marketing collateral from advertising to posters, flyers and on-site materials, in line with the Gallery’s branding guidelines and templates.
• Lead on promoting smaller campaigns for the Gallery’s event programme as directed by the Marketing Manager.
• Plan and arrange reciprocal marketing swaps across print, email and social media to support relevant campaigns.
• Develop bespoke campaigns for the Gallery’s merchandise and venue hire offer across all marketing channels, particularly targeted e-mails.
• Update content for the Gallery’s plasma screens meeting programming, marketing and stakeholder priorities.
• Maintain and monitor Front of House displays, keeping an eye on flyer stocks and replenishing orders as required, together with the Marketing Manager, FOH team and Site Manager.
• Undertake promotional and design work for the Gallery’s Development, Learning and Friends teams where necessary.
• Liaise with all departments from Exhibitions and Learning to Retail and Venue Hire to ensure that Marketing and Communications activity is up to date and relevant and reflects the variety on offer across the Gallery.
• Lead on growing the Gallery’s audiences on social media, curating and planning content across all social platforms, in-line with exhibition and other promotional campaigns.
• Develop ideas for social media content (both regular and one-off) to grow the Gallery’s audiences, profile and online engagement.
• Ensure the Gallery’s social media profiles are kept up to date and adequately reflect the diversity of Dulwich Picture Gallery’s offer, from our changing exhibitions to our permanent Collection, from events to retail and learning.
• Research ways to develop and innovate with existing and new formats on social media in-line with industry best practice. Ensure Dulwich Picture Gallery is seen as a leading arts organisation in this area.
• Take a proactive approach to planning social media content, paying particular attention to ways to exploit days of national/international importance in the online and cultural communities.
Digital and data marketing
• Plan and implement e-mail campaigns to drive ticket sales and audience engagement across the Gallery’s programme of exhibitions, events, family and schools’ programmes.
• Take an active approach to improving email communications in terms of click through and conversion rates, branding and look and feel, in-line with industry best practice.
• Working with the Marketing Manager, help to grow the Gallery’s audiences with a focus on data capture and segmentation.
• Using the Gallery’s CRM system, Tessitura, help to ensure records, contact permissions and interests are kept up to date and accurate, alongside the Gallery’s e-communications and ticketing. Assist the Marketing Manager with data analysis and reporting using Tessitura as required.
• Working together with the Marketing Manager and Senior Press Officer, come up with engaging digital content ideas for the Gallery’s online blog and on social media.
• Upload and distribute video content across the Gallery’s platforms, occasionally producing and editing video content when necessary.
• Keep the Gallery’s website up to date, regularly checking across the site to make sure all information is correct and up to date.
• Assist the Marketing Manager with implementing any changes to the website, such as redesigns and updates from developers.
• Assist with digital advertising campaigns including SEO and PPC, utilising Google and other services to maximise website visits.
• Assist with reporting on audience figures; both online and on-site at the Gallery.
This job description cannot be considered to be exhaustive and other duties will be determined by circumstances as and when required.
- At least one year’s experience in a Marketing role, with demonstrable knowledge of digital, social media and e-communication channels as well as more traditional methods. - Proven experience of contributing to Marketing Campaigns to drive sales, footfall or engagement. - An interest in the arts and cultural sectors and commitment to the vision and aims of Dulwich Picture Gallery.
- A pro-active self-starter with innovative ideas and enthusiastic approach to problemsolving. - Excellent oral presentation skills and an ability to communicate professionally and confidently with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders. - Excellent copywriting skills and an ability to tailor key messages for a wide range of audiences and across formats (website, email, print). - Highly organised, with the ability to prioritise varied workload. - Excellent attention to detail and eye for design. - Good working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite: Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and IT literate with knowledge of MS office applications including Excel. - Good understanding of email and data marketing - Experience of using a CRM software - Experience of using a CMS to manage and update webpages.
- Experience of marketing within an arts or cultural organisation - Experience of using Tessitura - A Marketing Qualification such as the Chartered Institute of Marketing accreditations - Working knowledge of Premiere Pro CC (or other video editing software) - Educated to degree level or equivalent
Terms and Conditions
Salary Range: Band B - LLW - £26,000 per annum, commensurate with experience.
Working hours: 9-5pm Monday- Friday with one-hour break for lunch. This role may also require occasional out-of-hours work as the needs of the business dictate.
Leave entitlement: 25 days’ holiday per year, statutory Bank Holidays and two discretionary, non-contractual ‘Gallery’ days.
Pension: The Gallery auto enrols employees into a pension scheme in accordance with Part 1 of the Pensions Act 2008; employees contribute 3% and the Gallery 6% into this Scheme.
|The deadline for applications is 10am on Monday 28 January 2019. Interviews are expected to take place week commencing 4 February 2019.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com