|Head of Collections & Conservation
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Pattern: Full Time
Brighton & Hove City Council's Royal Pavilion & Museums is seeking to appoint to the role of Head of Collections & Conservation.
|We are seeking applicants with:|
• High level of professional expertise in the field of curation,
• Comprehensive Knowledge of collections care, development and management
• Broad and in-depth experience of nationally approved professional practices and standards as represented by DCMS/ACE policies, standards and guidelines as evidenced through the Accreditation and Designation Schemes
• Experience of managing collections within museums, galleries or historic houses and improving collection storage
• Experience of working productively in partnership with a range of stakeholders to achieve agreed service objectives.
• Strong staff management skills including team leadership, delegation, performance management, training and development.
• Financial management and planning skills.
• Project planning and management.
|Deadline for applications is midnight 3rd March.
Interviews to be held 22nd March.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community but particularly encourage BME and those from a white other background, disabled, male and Trans applicants as these groups are currently under-represented in our workforce.
Head of Royal Pavilion & Museums
telephone 01273 292840
TO APPLY - Please click on the Apply for Job button, provide a copy of your latest CV and a written statement explaining how you meet the person specification. Guidance on how to do this is attached to the advert below.
As part of Brighton & Hove City Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process, without prior notice if a suitable redeployee (internal employee at risk of redundancy) is identified.
At Brighton & Hove City Council we offer staff a range of benefits. If you choose to work for us, in return we can offer you:
• A competitive salary
• Career average pension scheme
• Generous holiday (23 days rising to 25 days after 5 years)
• An opportunity to enhance your knowledge and skills
• Staff discounts
• A range of other staff benefits
Find out more about Living in Brighton & Hove on our website.
Closing Date: 03/03/2019
Click the button below to apply: