Full-time; 40 hours per week.
Purpose of Job
The Exhibitions department at Dulwich Picture Gallery is a vibrant and exciting team, who are responsible for the delivery of the Gallery’s dynamic programme of temporary exhibitions. We share a passion for great exhibitions, and we love what we do. Collectively our team has experience in both museums and commercial galleries as well as fashion, publishing, marketing, design and more. We combine organisational skills with creativity and drive to deliver rewarding experiences to our visitors.
We are looking for an Exhibitions Coordinator to take on the delivery of one exhibition per year, typically working across two exhibition projects at any one time. We are a small team, meaning there is the opportunity to gain varied experience, as you will be involved in both the creative and the logistical aspects of each project. This role is suited to someone who has experience working with loans or collections and wants to broaden their skills and gain a better understanding of how exhibitions work in their entirety.
You will be responsible for leading the organisation of key exhibitions in the Gallery’s programme. You will be challenged and will learn new skills daily. Responsibilities include:
• Loan negotiation and correspondence
• Co-ordinating exhibition transport, including appointing and working with the transport agent and organising transport logistics
• Liaising with curators to support the development of the exhibition concept with the Head of Exhibitions
• Organising installs and take downs, working closely with art handlers and conservators
• Co-ordinate the exhibition design, working closely with curators, designers and the Head of Exhibitions
• Co-ordinate the production of exhibition catalogues, liaising with publishers and curators
• Applying for indemnity or commercial insurance and undertaking due diligence
• Exhibition database management
• Monitoring and reporting expenditure
• This role comes with the opportunity to travel for international couriering duties
• One year’s minimum experience in an exhibitions, collections or loans role
• Experience working with the transportation of artwork
• Highly organised, ability to effectively work to deadlines
• Helpful and positive solution-based attitude, ability to work within a small team and across departments • Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
• Strong documentation and record keeping skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• IT literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office, databases and Adobe Creative Suite
• Experience of project management
• Willingness to work flexible hours as required by the schedule
• An understanding or experience of print production and catalogue production • Experience of working with British Government Indemnity
Terms and Conditions
Salary Band C: £25,000 - £30,000 per annum, commensurate with experience
Working hours: 9-5pm Monday- Friday with one-hour break for lunch. This role may also require occasional out-of-hours work as the needs of the business dictate.
Leave entitlement: 25 days’ holiday per year, statutory Bank Holidays and two discretionary, noncontractual ‘Gallery’ days.
Pension: The Gallery auto enrols employees into a pension scheme in accordance with Part 1 of the Pensions Act 2008.
|The deadline for applications is 10am on Friday 29th March 2019. Interviews are expected to take place week commencing 1st April 2019.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your letter you should tell us about your experience of working with artwork, in particular any occasions on which you have been involved in the transportation of artwork or exhibition logistics.
Please tell us about your organisational and communication skills, providing examples. We would also like to know why you want to work for us, what is it about Dulwich Picture Gallery or the role that excites you?
If you have any questions about the role or if you need to tell us anything we need to take into consideration please contact us by email or by calling 020 8693 5254.
Best of luck!