|Role: Exhibition and Curatorial Volunteer
Purpose: To assist with exhibition research, gallery development and exhibition install.
Responsible: Head of Exhibitions
Times / Dates: One day a week, 10am – 4pm for 6 months. One placement available on a Tuesday.
Location: National Army Museum, Chelsea, London
• Curatorial Research.
• Assisting with Gallery install including object handling.
• Image clearance and copyright.
Would suit someone who:
• has a good standard of written and spoken English.
• is able to work independently and as part of a team.
• is methodical with very good attention to detail.
• has excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• has good ICT skills (word-processing, database and spreadsheet applications).
• is able to lift up to 6kg and perform tasks handling fragile material.
• has an interest in a career in museum or heritage environment.
• has an interest in British military history.
Support and Training
• Full in-house training will be provided, including site induction, Health & Safety, Equality & Diversity, Object Handling; task specific training, training in computer applications as required.
• Expenses: reasonable out of pocket travel expenses to and from the Museum, and reimbursement for a sandwich lunch.
• Volunteers’ Handbook and regular feedback meetings.
• Opportunity to develop practical knowledge and skills in aspects of curatorial work and exhibitions.
• Working as part of a friendly and dedicated team.
• Contributing to the long-term preservation of the nation’s heritage.
This opportunity is open to anyone aged 18 and over.
To Apply: https://www.nam.ac.uk/volunteer
Closing Date: Friday 7th June 2019, 12pm (Noon).
Informal Interviews: w/b 17th June 2019.