|Visitor Experience Assistant (x4 Part Time/Annualised)
Fixed Term (6 months)
2 x weekends only
2 x 624 hours - average 3 days per week over a 6 month period (FTE 1248 hours annually)
£8,003.84 p/a (weekend only positions)
£12,005.76 p/a (annualised 1248 hours)
The Royal Air Force Museum is a national museum, a Government non-departmental public body (NDPB) and a registered charity, with two public sister sites at London and Cosford and a stored collection site near Stafford. RAF Museum Enterprises Ltd is the trading arm of the RAF Museum with all profits gift-aided to the Museum to support its charitable activities. Our purpose is to share the story of the Royal Air Force through its people and collections, to engage, inform and inspire our visitors. Our overall vision is to reach, connect and inspire everyone with the RAF story.
Having just completed a multimillion pound redevelopment project on site, there has never been a better time to join our award-winning museum.
The Museum is looking to expand its visitor offer and develop new ways of telling the story of the RAF. We are looking for pro-active and customer-focused individuals to be part of this exciting change.
The ideal candidates will have previous Front of House or customer facing experience, be a team player and keen to learn new skills. They will be enthusiastic about presenting the Museum, the RAF and the RAF stories to all our visitors.
You will also support the Museum in hosting evening events from gala dinners to sleep overs and outdoor film nights.
The posts will be based at our London site. These are part-time/annualised positions, with regular weekend working. There is scope for limited overtime work. There will be a requirement to work some early mornings and late evenings including working into the early hours of the morning as part of this role so flexibility is essential.
|You will need to be a confident communicator and be able to respond quickly and positively in a changing environment. Being flexible in your outlook is essential as you will be fulfilling a variety of roles at the Museum. These will range from greeting visitors on arrival, helping visitors understand the RAF story through interactive displays, use of Museum handling collections and promoting events and activities hosted by the Museum. There will be opportunities to provide tours and talks and work with the public events and commercial events teams.|
• Please see attached for the full job description: https://www.rafmuseum.org.uk/about-us/job-vacancies.aspx
• Please send us your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with Visitor Experience Assistant (Annualised) or Visitor Experience Assistant (weekends only) on the subject line.
• Providing a covering letter is a very important part of your application. It should be used to tell us how you think you meet the criteria listed in the job description. Draw particular attention to experience, skills, achievements and knowledge gained in past employment or other activities which are relevant to the job. It may be easier to use headings relating to the requirements detailed in the person specification and demonstrate how you meet them.
• Closing date for applications: 17 July 2019
• Interviews will take place during the week commencing: 26 July 2019