|The British Museum is seeking to recruit a Project Curator to direct fieldwork and research for Pathways to Ancient Britain (PAB) project, including Happisburgh and Barnham with organisation of post-excavation work, developing research programme and writing papers on project work.
Key areas of responsibility:
• Organise and direct excavations at Barnham and fieldwork at Happisburgh
• Develop and liaise with collector groups at Happisburgh
• Develop and organise programme of fire investigation, including experimental work
• Develop research programme of PAB with project members, including directing investigation of new sites
• Write research papers for international journals on project work
With PhD in Palaeolithic archaeology, the successful candidate will have curatorial experience of Palaeolithic collections along with experience of directing Palaeolithic excavations. They will also have an extensive experience of lithic analysis and detailed knowledge of Palaeolithic archaeology. With experience in field team management, they would be able to motivate diverse fieldwork teams and deal with colleagues and members of the public. They would have experience in fieldwork budget management along with workshop and conference management experience. They would have co-published papers on Palaeolithic archaeology in refereed journals.