|Position: Heritage Research and Engagement Coordinator
Salary: £26,401 per annum, pro rata (including Outer London Weighting), £15,841 exact.
Term: Permanent, Part time, 21 hours per week
Location: Gilwell Park, Chingford, London
You will help to coordinate and deliver a high-quality heritage enquiries and research support service which meets the needs of its users including members of The Scouts, former members, international Scouts and the general public. You will also play a role in welcoming visitors and groups to Gilwell Park by providing tours of the fascinating historical Scouting landscape. This is an exciting time to join the team as The Scouts are undertaking a project to develop the first official UK Museum of Scouting, you will have a chance to be involved as the project develops.
• Coordination and delivery of the Heritage Enquiries Service.
• Ensure research is carried out and information shared in line with General Data Protection Regulations 2018
• Using electronic and paper archive records, publications and other sources held within the Heritage Collection to research Scouting history, activities, groups and individuals.
• Collate information into reports or summaries which analyse research findings and present them in such a way that a non-expert user would be able to interpret the information.
• Research specific topics for exhibitions, cross-directorate projects and learning activities.
• Support the development of interpretation and learning activity.
• Deliver tours of Gilwell Park for a range of visitors.
• Maintain records on the levels of user engagement.
• Work with key members of staff to improve on current working practices and processes with an emphasis on increased efficiency and clarity.
• Providing mutual support to colleagues to ensure delivery of a high-quality professional service.
• Significantly contribute to the delivery of a proactive and outward facing service which benefits the Applicant Information Pack 8 Scouting Movement and other audiences.
• Other tasks relating to development and delivery of the Heritage Team’s strategic plans and The Scout Association’s Vision 2018.
We are looking for
We are looking for someone who is passionate about sharing knowledge and expertise with others. With a people focused approach you will be dedicated to providing a high level of customer service to those you support and will understand the need to adapt your approach depending on their requirements. You don’t need to have an in-depth knowledge of The Scouts but you will be a skilled researcher with an inquisitive mind and be able to use your inniative to solve problems and find answers. As a facilitator you will be happy to talk and engage with a range of users and support them in exploring their areas of interest.