|INTERIM COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
Location: Head Office, Maidenhead
Contract Type: Fixed Term up to 6 months – full time
Home Working: This role is office based and not considered suitable for home-working
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Salary: From £45,600 per annum, pro rata, depending upon experience
About the Role:
As a global organisation, the Commonwealth War Graves Commission (CWGC) operates in over 150 countries and territories. We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate and creative storyteller to implement dynamic multi-channel and measurable communications strategy that engages with a broad range of audiences.
You will lead and support our talented team of global communications professionals to increase awareness of CWGC across world. Highlighting CWGC’s operational commitments, alongside its role in commemorating and sharing the stories of the 1.7million men and women of the Commonwealth Forces who died in the two World Wars.
You should be adept at developing internal and external communications strategy, planning and implementing complex campaigns and projects and able to work with diverse teams. You should also be confident in in harnessing the potential of social media with experience in content production and contentment marketing.
To be successful within this position you will have significant experience leading and motivating multiskilled teams and contractors, ideally across multiple sites, capable of mentoring and encouraging your team to achieve their highest potential. You will be an exceptional communicator skilful at supporting a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Proven experience and success managing, leading and motivating teams
- Personable, upbeat, driven, with a ‘can do, will do’ approach
- Passionate about delivering dynamic and creative communications campaigns
- Experience managing projects
- Proven experience in measuring and reporting communications impact
- Eligibility to work in the UK
What We Can Offer You:
- 25 days annual leave, rising each completed year of service to 30 days
- Paid public holidays, one paid ‘privilege day’, plus paid office shutdowns for the afternoon of Maundy Thursday and between Christmas and New Year
- Generous ‘Pension Quality Mark’ Pension, with CWGC contributing up to 13% of gross salary
- Life Assurance
- Occupational Health Services
- Travel Insurance
- Employee Contribution Awards
- Sickness Pay and Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Benefits which include cycle to work, childcare vouchers, shopping discounts and free eye tests
- Professional subscriptions relevant to the role
On-site parking at our Maidenhead Head Office is currently subject to a waiting list. On-road parking and public car parks are located approximately ten minutes’ walk from the office. We are also located within a ten-minute walk of Maidenhead train station and the town centre bus stops.
|• A strong network of journalist contacts across print, online and broadcast media outlets|
• Ability to manage deadlines, timetables, multi-tasking and competing priorities
• Communicates effectively at senior levels
• Excellent negotiating and influencing skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong networking skills
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Excellent proof-reading skills
• Committed to professional development
• An alignment and adherence to the Commission’s Values: RESPECT, EXCELLENCE, TEAMWORK, COMMUNICATION, PROFESSIONALISM and COMMITMENT
• Health and Safety responsibility for self and, where line management responsibility, responsibility for others
|Please visit the careers page on our website, where you will find more information including the job description and application form.
Please send your Cover letter, CV and completed Application form to email@example.com
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time once we receive sufficient applications and encourage all interested applicants to apply at their earliest convenience to avoid disappointment.