|Wellcome Collection Advisory Committee (WCAC)
Wellcome Collection is a free museum and library that aims to challenge how we all think and feel about health. Through exhibitions, collections, live programming, digital, broadcast and publishing, we create opportunities for people to think deeply about the connections between science, medicine, life and art.
We are looking for two external expert members to join the first Wellcome Collection Advisory Committee.
The WCAC is newly established to provide oversight of Wellcome Collection, and to provide guidance and advice on Wellcome Collection’s strategy, to help Wellcome Collection to achieve its ambition to become a world-leading museum and library.
Wellcome Collection Advisory Committee’s purpose is to:
• Provide general oversight of Wellcome Collection by providing a link to the Executive Leadership Team and ensure effective connection to the Board of Governors
• Provide advice and guidance to the Director of Wellcome Collection and the Wellcome Collection senior leadership to help amplify its strategic impact
• Monitor progress against plans, including Wellcome Collection’s Delivery Plan; and advising, challenging and escalating through appropriate channels where necessary
• Provide oversight of budget and ensure appropriate resourcing is available, including performance and resourcing of Wellcome Trust Trading Ltd
• Provide advice on Wellcome Collection’s current and future strategy, ensuring dialogue with Wellcome’s mission, and allowing for curatorial and editorial independence
• Help Wellcome Collection to understand the internal and external risk environment and ensure that any risks are appropriately managed
• Help to overcome roadblocks to delivering Wellcome Collection’s strategy
• Provide advice and input to new policies to help ensure that Wellcome Collection’s existing policies are fit for purpose and kept up to date, and where appropriate that they comply with Wellcome’s overall policies and practices
• Help Wellcome Collection to navigate its relationship with the wider organisation;
• Act as ambassadors for Wellcome Collection
We are looking for two members that:
• Have demonstrable and relevant leadership expertise. This could be a senior leadership role and/or Board or non-executive experience
• Are excited by the mission and aims embraced by Wellcome Collection
• Are knowledgeable and passionate about diversity, inclusion and accessibility
• Are open-minded, inclusive and an innovative thinker
• Can work collaboratively and are prepared to challenge others constructively
Members should meet at least one of the following criteria:
• Have experience in the cultural sector including museums and/or libraries
• Have experience engaging with diverse communities
• Have understanding and knowledge of how lived experience of diverse communities ie d/Deaf, disabled, neurodivergent and racially minoritised peoples can inform practice meaningfully and authentically
• Have digital expertise eg. broadcast, product development and access
• Have experience working internationally
• Initially be for 1 year (renewable)
• Involve signing up to a confidentiality agreement and must adhere to our conflicts of interest policy
• Attract a fee for attendance at Advisory Board meetings together with agreed travel or other expenses
• Consist of 4 meetings per year to be held on a quarterly basis
|To apply, follow the link below:
Closing date: 04/03/2021- late applications will not be expected.
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Wellcome. We are committed to cultivating a fair and healthy environment, where everyone can be themselves and thrive. We are happy to discuss flexible working options for all roles. We work to ensure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible to everyone. This includes making adjustments for people who have a disability or long-term condition. If you would like us to make adjustments during the application process, please contact us.