The Jobsite for Museums, Galleries, Libraries & Archives
|Marketing & Events Officer
|Stow Maries Great War Aerodrome
| £27,500 p.a. (pro rata)
|Part-Time Position (30)
Contract: 18 Months
|Friday, 1st March 2024
|Job Ref No:
| Job Description
|Stow Maries Great War Aerodrome (www.stowmaries.org.uk) can be found in rural Essex, between Chelmsford and Maldon. It is the last surviving Great War Aerodrome functioning as such in Europe. It houses the largest collection of surviving Royal Flying Corps buildings in the world. 23 2* Listed buildings, on the Historic England At-Risk Register. It is an Arts Council England accredited museum, a renovation project, and light aircraft aerodrome and an award-winning volunteering centre. It is operated by Stow Maries Aerodrome Ltd, a registered Charity.
This is a new post offering an exciting opportunity to make a major contribution to this nationally important heritage site in Essex. We are looking for an exceptional marketing/ events person with an interest in working in the charitable sector and with an understanding of heritage.
The role includes developing and delivering key messages, across a variety of mediums, to raise the profile of Stow Maries Great War Aerodrome (SMGWA), a unique site and helping to develop a program of events to attract a wider audience.
You need to be a team-player with initiative and a passion for collaboration, as well as a motivated and enthusiastic person.
Reporting to Chief Executive Officer, The Marketing and Events officer will be part of a small team of paid staff and a large team of dedicated volunteers.
• To develop and deliver a Marketing Plan
• To introduce new events and fund-raising activities.
• To organise and assist delivery of existing and new events working with a number of people already involved.
• To support maintenance and development of the SMGWA website and social media channels.
• To develop and maintain a contacts database.
• To handle related enquiries via email and phone
• To create and edit unique content for external communications on several platforms including website articles, press releases, editorials and newsletters.
• To work with volunteer team members to achieve set objectives.
• Maintain the highest standards of professionalism in dealings with internal and external clients.
• To work collectively towards the Vision and Aims of SMGWA
• To abide by the Code of Conduct
• To act in accordance with all policies and procedures
| Required Skills / Qualifications
|• Relevant degree, or equivalent qualification or experience in marketing.
• Experience of organising & delivering events
• Computer literate
• Fully proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
• Relevant experience of managing social media
• Keen attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise a challenging workload.
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to work within a team.
Additional Skills and Qualities an advantage
• Proficient in Photoshop, InDesign or related platforms.
• Experience of managing website content
• Creating/editing images and/or video content.
• Experience or good understanding of working with volunteers
• Awareness of proactive and reactive content development
• Awareness of copyright issues pertaining to the role
• Awareness of SEO and website analytics.
• Able to present a professional and positive image of SMGWA
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic
• Excellent time-keeper
• Understanding of and commitment to equal opportunities
| Application Instructions
|To arrange an informal discussion about the role, applicants should contact email@example.com in the first instance, enclosing a CV and covering letter.